- by Hard Reset
HTC Tilt 2 Soft reset
Resetting Your HTC Tilt2 Device
Performing a soft reset
Perform a soft (normal) reset to clear all active program memory and shut down all active programs. This is useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost.
To perform a soft reset
1. Pull out the stylus.
2. Remove the back cover.
3. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the upper-left side of the open back panel.
Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
4. Replace the back cover and insert the stylus back into its compartment.
HTC Tilt 2 hard reset
Performing a hard reset
If a normal reset does not solve a system problem, you can perform a hard (full) reset. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings—the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. You will lose any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your device, and only Windows Mobile® software and other pre-installed programs will remain.
Warning! Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Make sure that any additional installed programs and/or user data have been backed up before you perform a hard reset.
Important If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, backup all files from the storage card before using Clear Storage, hard reset, or updating the operating system. Otherwise you will no longer be able to access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card.
To perform a Tilt 2 hard reset
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.
2. Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Using Clear Storage
If you can access the device settings, you can use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
1. Tap Start > Settings, and then tap All Settings.
2. On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
3. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.