HTC Smart hard reset Factory Resetting
Need to start over? If you’re passing your phone on to someone else or just want a fresh start, you can factory reset your phone. It’s not a step to be taken lightly. Factory resetting your phone will delete all your data. It returns the phone to the state it was in before the first time you turned it on.
Important Be sure to back up data (contacts and files) that you want to keep before you factory reset your phone.
Performing a factory reset via settings
1. From the main Home screen, press MENU, and then tap
Settings > Security > Factory reset.
2. Enter “1234 ”, and then tap OK.
Warning! Always turn off your device before installing/replacing the battery and SIM card.
HTC Smart hard reset with buttons/keys Performing a factory reset while phone is turned off
HTC Smart Factory reset
Delete all data and restore the phone back to its initial state.
1. Press and hold the VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN and
END CALL/POWER buttons. You will then see this message on screen:
2. Press the VOLUME DOWN button to perform the factory reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
3. When prompted, press the VOLUME DOWN button to turn on the phone.
Tip If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then put it back in. After reinserting the battery, turn the phone back on.