HTC Sensation XE hard reset
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio.
1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. From the Home screen, press , and then tap Settings.
2. Tap SD & phone storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.