HTC Sensation hard resetDo a factory reset to return HTC Sensation to its original state before the first time you turned it on.
If you’re passing HTC Sensation on to someone else or HTC Sensation has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset). Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. From the Home screen, press , and then tap Settings.
2. Tap SD & phone storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
Performing a HTC Sensation hard reset with buttons
If you can’t turn HTC Sensation on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC Sensation.
1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.