Restarting or factory resetting your HTC Salsa phone
Performing a HTC Salsa factory reset (hard reset)
Resetting HTC Salsa
Do a factory reset to return HTC Salsa to its original state before the first time you turned it on.
If you’re passing HTC Salsa on to someone else or HTC Salsa has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset).
Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. From the Home screen, press , and then tap Settings.
2. Tap SD & phone storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC Salsa on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset
by using the hardware buttons on HTC Salsa.
1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.