- by Hard Reset
HTC Rhyme hard reset
If you can’t turn HTC Rhyme on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC Rhyme.
1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Resetting HTC Rhyme
Do a factory reset to return HTC Rhyme to its original state before the first time you turned it on.
If you’re passing HTC Rhyme on to someone else or HTC Rhyme has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset). Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. From the Home screen, press , and then tap Settings.
2. Tap Storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
HTC Rhyme soft reset restart phone
If HTC Rhyme is running slower than normal, an application is not performing
properly, or HTC Rhyme becomes unresponsive, try restarting HTC Rhyme and see if
that helps solve the problem.
1. If the display is off, press the POWER button to turn it back on.
2. Unlock the display.
3. Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.
4. When asked to confirm, tap Restart.