- by Hard Reset
Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well.
HTC Radar hard resetPerforming a factory reset using phone buttons
If you can’t turn your phone on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the phone's buttons.
It’ll permanently delete all your data and customized settings! Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep...
1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, and then press and hold the POWER button. Release these buttons when your phone turns on and displays a text screen.
3. Keep pressing the VOLUME DOWN button until the Factory reset option is highlighted, and then press the POWER button.
4. Follow the instructions onscreen to proceed with the factory reset
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings
- On the Start screen, tap .
- Tap Settings > about phone.
- Tap reset your phone, and then tap yes.
Do a factory reset to change your phone back to its original state before the first time
you turned it on.
If you’re passing your phone on to someone else or your phone has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset). Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any apps you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a