HTC Radar hard resetPerforming a factory reset using phone buttons
If you can’t turn your phone on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the phone's buttons.
It’ll permanently delete all your data and customized settings! Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep...
1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, and then press and hold the POWER button. Release these buttons when your phone turns on and displays a text screen.
3. Keep pressing the VOLUME DOWN button until the Factory reset option is highlighted, and then press the POWER button.
4. Follow the instructions onscreen to proceed with the factory reset
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings
- On the Start screen, tap .
- Tap Settings > about phone.
- Tap reset your phone, and then tap yes.
Do a factory reset to change your phone back to its original state before the first time
you turned it on.
If you’re passing your phone on to someone else or your phone has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset). Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any apps you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a