Resetting Your HTC Panda Device
Occasionally, you may need to reset your device. A normal (or soft) reset of your device clears all active program memory and shuts down all
active programs. This can be useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. A soft reset is
also necessary after the installation of some programs. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work will be lost.
To perform a soft reset
• Use the stylus to press the Reset button found on the bottom side of your device. Your device restarts and displays the Today screen.
Using Clear Storage
Clear Storage lets you clear all storage data and reset all seetings back to manufacturer's default settings.
Warning: You will lose all your data when you use Clear Storage.
You can use Clear Storage by following these steps:
1. Tap Start > Settings > System tab, then tap Clear Storage.
2. Entering 1234, then tap Yes.
You can also perform a hard reset (also known as a full reset). A hard reset should be performed only if a normal reset does not solve a system
problem. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings ‑ the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. Any programs you
installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your Device will be lost. Only Windows Mobile software and other pre-installed programs
To perform a HTC Panda hard reset
1. Press and hold the left SOFT KEY and the right SOFT KEY, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom
side of your Device.
2. Release the stylus, but continue pressing the two SOFT KEYs until you see the following message on the screen:
3. Release the two SOFT KEYs, and follw the on-screen instruction to do the hrad reset:
• press the TALK green button on your Device to start the hard reset.
• press the OK button on your Device to complete the hard reset. If you won't continue the hard reset, then press END red button to quite
the procedure and the device will perform the soft reset automatically.
Warning! Your Device will be set back to factory default settings. Please ensure any additional installed programs and/or user data have been backed up before
a hard reset is performed.