- by Hard Reset
HTC ONE SV hard reset
If you can’t turn HTC One SV on or access settings, you can still perform a factory
reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC One SV.
1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Factory reset will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
If you do not want to reset your phone, just select Fastboot menu option and then select reboot or power down.
When your HTC ONE SV frozen, not responding: Press and hold the POWER button for at least 10 seconds, and then release it. HTC One SV then restarts.
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap settings icon.
2. Tap Storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.