Restarting your Phone
Occasionally, you may want to restart your phone, for example, when a program is not performing properly or the phone does not respond to any keypresses.
To restart the phone - Soft reset
1. Remove the battery.
2. Reinsert the battery and turn on your phone.
WARNING! If the phone is restarted while a program is running, unsaved work will be lost.
Replace the battery
1. Align the exposed metal contacts on the edge of the battery with the prongs in the body of the phone then gently push the top of the battery into place.
2. Slide the cover on the phone.
Resetting your HTC MTeoR Phone
Resetting your phone will remove all the data from its memory which include contacts, tasks, calendar appointments, and more, and restore the phone back to the factory default settings.
WARNING! All your data will be deleted, it is recommended that you back up your
data first before resetting your phone.
To reset your phone - Hard reset
1. Click Start > Accessories > Clear Storage.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the phone.
The phone will restart after it has been reset.
Restore to Default (Mteor Hard Reset)
Restore to default settings will remove all settings such as contacts, tasks, calendar appointments, additionally installed programs, and
setup values in the memory. The phone will be reset to factory default settings and restart. To avoid the loss of data, you can sync the data
to your computer prior to restoring the default settings. When improper operations prevent your phone from functioning properly, you can try to restore to factory default settings.
When the system is unable to startup, you can try to use Hard Reset to restore to default settings. We recommend that you contact our
customer service representatives before using this function, in order to avoid damage to your phone and data. If you need to Hard Reset
your phone, please register as a member at the Dopod website and download the 595 software installation files to reinstall the following
- Game: Another world, Magic Puz
- MP3 Player
- 3D menu with Dopod Desktop Theme
- Cyberon Voice Commander
Action: Using the Restore to Default
- Select Start
- Select Accessories Then press OK button
- Select Clear Storage
Go to the Restore to Defaults program.
- Enter 1234 Then select Yes
After confirmation, enter 1234 and select Yes. The phone will restart after resetting.
Action: Hard Reset Restore to Default
- Press & hold Power button
First, turn off the phone.
- At the same time, press & hold the Left/Right Soft Key, then press the Power button once.
Press & hold the Left/Right soft keys, then press the power button once. Wait for the screen to reappear, then release the soft keys.
- Press the number key 0 or any other keys to cancel
Press the number key 0 to confirm restore to defaults, or press any other keys to cancel.