HTC Jetstream hard reset
Performing a HTC Jetstream factory reset using the tablet buttonsBe sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset!
If you can’t turn on HTC Jetstream or access the tablet settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on HTC Jetstream.
The Fast boot option in Settings > Power must not be selected.
1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Restarting HTC Jetstream
If HTC Jetstream is running slower than normal, an application is not performing properly, or HTC Jetstream becomes unresponsive, try restarting HTC Jetstream and see if that helps solve the problem.
1. If the display is off, press the POWER button to turn it back on.
2. Unlock the display.
3. Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.
4. When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
HTC Jetstream not responding
If HTC Jetstream does not respond when you touch the screen or press the buttons, you can still restart it.
1. Press and hold the POWER button for at least 10 seconds, and then
release it. HTC Jetstream then turns off.
2. Press the POWER button to turn HTC Jetstream back on.
Resetting HTC Jetstream
Do a factory reset to return HTC Jetstream to its original state before the first time you turned it on.
If you’re passing HTC Jetstream on to someone else or HTC Jetstream has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset). Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all
your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. From the Home screen, tap Apps icon > Settings.
2. Tap Storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset tablet, and then tap Erase everything.