Resetting Your HTC Imagio Phone
Performing a soft reset
Perform a soft (normal) reset to clear all active program memory and shut down all active programs. This is
useful when your phone is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset
is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost.
To perform a soft reset
- Pull out the stylus.
- Remove the back cover.
- Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the left side of the open back panel. Your phone restarts and displays the Home screen.
- Replace the back cover and insert the stylus back into its compartment.
Performing a HTC Imagio hard reset
If a normal reset does not solve a system problem, you can perform a hard (full) reset. After a hard reset, the
phone is restored to its default settings—the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. You
will lose any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your phone, and only
Windows Mobile® software and other pre-installed programs will remain.
Warning! Your phone will be set back to factory default settings. Make sure that any additional installed programs
and/or user data have been backed up before you perform a hard reset.
Important If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, backup all files from the storage card before
using Clear Storage, hard reset, or updating the operating system. Otherwise you will no longer be able to
access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer
files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card
To perform a HTC Imagio hard reset
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN, TALK/SEND, and END/POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.
- Release the VOLUME DOWN, TALK/SEND, and END/POWER buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to restore the operating system to the factory default configuration,
- press the VOLUME DOWN button to restore the factory default configuration and remove any operator customization, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Using Clear Storage
If you can access the phone settings, you can use Clear Storage to reset your phone back to factory default
- Tap Start > Settings > All Settings > System.
- Tap Memory > Clear Storage tab.
- Enter “1234”, tap OK and then tap Yes to confirm.