- by Hard Reset
Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well.
Performing a HD7 factory reset using phone buttons
If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons, and then briefly press the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen to show the instructions on how to do the factory reset, and then release the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons.
- Follow the instructions onscreen to factory reset your phone.
Performing a HTC HD7 factory reset (hard reset)
- On the Start screen, tap .
- Tap Settings > about phone.
- Tap reset your phone, and then tap yes.