HTC Freestyle hard resetFactory resetting
Need to start over? If you’re passing your phone on to someone else or just want a fresh start, you can factory reset your phone. It’s not a step to be taken lightly. Factory resetting your phone will delete all your data. It returns the phone to the state it was in before the first time you turned it on.
Be sure to back up data (contacts and files) that you want to keep before you factory reset your phone.
Performing a factory reset via settings
1. From the main Home screen, press OPTIONS, and then tap Settings > Security > Factory reset.
2. Enter “1234”, and then tap OK.
HTC AT&T Freestyle hard reset using buttonsPerforming a factory reset while phone is turned off
1. Press and hold the VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN and POWER/LOCK SCREEN buttons.
2. When prompted, press VOLUME DOWN to perform the factory reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
3. When prompted, press VOLUME DOWN to turn on the phone.
If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then put it back in. After reinserting the battery, turn the phone back on.