- by Hard Reset
Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well.
Restarting your HTC First Facebook PhonePerforming a factory or master reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC First on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset
by using the hardware buttons on HTC First. Password unlock reset HTC First
1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release
the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Performing a factory reset from settings
1. On the Apps screen, tap Settings.
2. Tap Backup & reset.
3. Tap Factory data reset.
4. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.