- by Hard Reset
Performing a HTC Desire U hard reset Desire U factory reset
Performing a Desire U factory reset using phone buttons
To hard reset HTC Desire U first power off device, or if the screen doesn't responding remove the battery.
Everything will be lost!
If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC Desire U on or access settings, you can still perform a factory
reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC Desire U.
1. Turn your Desire U off.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
You can return your phone to its original state, as it was when it left the factory. This is also called a hard reset. You might want to do this if you are giving your phone to a friend or relative and you want to remove all your data first, or if your phone has a persistent problem
that is not solved by powering off the phone and then powering it on again.
A factory reset will permanently erase all your personal data and customized settings, and also removes any programs you have installed. Make sure that you have backed up the information and files you want to keep.
If your phone hangs or freezes, we recommend that you do a “soft” reset instead of a hard/factory reset. To perform a soft reset, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone.
Performing a Desire U factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings icon.
2. Tap Storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
Warning! Always turn off your device before installing/replacing the battery and SIM card.