HTC Design 4G hard reset using the phone buttonsIf you can’t turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery to turn off your Merge.
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Restarting your phone soft reset HTC Design 4G
If your phone is running slower than normal, an application is not performing properly, or your phone becomes unresponsive, try restarting your phone and see if that helps solve the problem.
1. If the display is off, press the POWER button to turn it back on.
2. Unlock the phone display.
3. Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.
4. When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
If these steps don't work, you can remove and replace the battery, and then turn the phone on to restart it.
Resetting your phone
Do a factory reset to return your phone to its original state before the first time you turned it on.
If you’re passing your phone on to someone else or your phone has a persistent
problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard
reset). Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all your
data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded
and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. From the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap SD & phone storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.