- by Hard Reset
HTC Amaze 4G hard reset
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC Amaze 4G on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC Amaze 4G.
1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button, and then briefly press the Power button.
3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the Volume Down button.
4. Press Volume Down to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the Power button.
Resetting HTC Amaze 4G
Do a factory reset to return HTC Amaze 4G to its original state before the first time
you turned it on.
If you’re passing HTC Amaze 4G on to someone else or HTC Amaze 4G has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset). Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all
your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the settings.
1. From the Home screen, press Apps icon, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap SD & phone storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
Restarting HTC Amaze 4G
If HTC Amaze 4G is running slower than normal, an application is not performing
properly, or HTC Amaze 4G becomes unresponsive, try restarting HTC Amaze 4G and
see if that helps solve the problem.
1. If the display is off, press the Power button to turn it back on.
2. Unlock the display.
3. Press and hold the Power button, and then tap Restart.
4. When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
If these steps don't work, you can remove and replace the battery, and then turn HTC Amaze 4G on to restart it.