Resetting your hp Jornada
Occasionally, you may need to reset your hp Jornada; for example, you should reset after you restore data from your desktop PC or when the
operating system stops responding. Resetting your hp Jornada is similar to restarting your desktop PC. It restarts the operating system and preserves any saved data, but you will lose any unsaved data.
Reset after restoring data from a backup file or when your hp Jornada appears to be “frozen” or “locked up.”
When you reset, you lose unsaved data in all open documents or programs. Use hp task switcher to close all open documents and programs before you reset.
To reset Jornada 928
1. Remove your hp Jornada from the cradle.
2. Remove the CompactFlash card (if installed).
3. Use the stylus to press the red reset button on the back of the hp Jornada, as shown in the following illustration.
Restoring factory defaults HP Jornada 928 hard reset
In some cases, such as when your hp Jornada does not respond after being reset or when you forget your password, you may need to restore
your hp Jornada to the factory default settings. This erases all data stored in RAM. All information you have entered, including all files, system
settings, and programs you have installed, may be erased.
To ensure the safety of your information should it be necessary to restore the factory defaults, you should regularly back up your data to your
desktop PC (using ActiveSync), to a CompactFlash card (using the hp backup application).
Restoring the factory default settings erases all files, programs, and data stored in RAM. You can restore data from a backup file saved on your desktop computer or on a CompactFlash card
To restore the factory defaults HP Jornada 928
1. Remove your hp Jornada from the USB cradle and disconnect all cables, including the ac adapter, from your hp Jornada.
2. Using the stylus, press and hold the reset button.
3. While holding the reset button, press and release the power button.
4. Release the reset button
5. Press the power button.
After you restore the factory defaults, you will need to complete the Welcome Wizard and re-establish a partnership with your desktop PC.
You may also want to restore data to your hp Jornada from your most recent backup file.