Resetting Your hp Jornada 565
Occasionally, you may need to reset your hp Jornada; for example, you
should reset after you restore data from your desktop PC or when the
operating system stops responding. Resetting your hp Jornada is similar to
restarting your desktop PC. It restarts the operating system and preserves
any saved data, but you will lose any unsaved data.
Reset after restoring data from a backup file or when your hp Jornada
appears to be “frozen” or “locked up.”
When you reset, you lose unsaved data in all open documents or programs. Use
hp task switcher to close all open documents and programs before you reset.
To reset Jornada 565
1. Remove your hp Jornada from the cradle.
2. Remove the CompactFlash card (if installed).
3. Use the stylus to press the red reset button on the back of the hp
Jornada, as shown in the following illustration.
Restoring Factory Defaults
In some cases, such as when your hp Jornada does not respond after
being reset or when you forget your password, you may need to restore
your hp Jornada to the factory default settings. This erases all data not
stored in the hp safe store folder or on a CompactFlash memory card. All
information you have entered in RAM, including all files, system settings,
and programs you have installed, may be erased.
To ensure the safety of your information should it be necessary to restore
the factory defaults, you should regularly back up your data to your
desktop PC (using ActiveSync), to a CompactFlash card (using the hp
backup application), or to the hp safe store folder (using the hp emergency
Restoring the factory default settings erases all files, programs, and data stored
in RAM. You can restore data from a backup file saved on your desktop
computer, on a CompactFlash card, or in the hp safe store folder.
To restore HP Jornada 565 factory defaults
1. Disconnect all cables, including the ac adapter, from your hp
2. Remove the backup battery. Use the stylus to hold the backup battery lock in the OPEN position, and then slide out the backup
3. Remove the main battery.
4. Wait at least 5 minutes, and then reinstall the main battery,
reinstall the backup battery, and reconnect the ac adapter.
5. Your hp Jornada should turn on automatically and display the
6. If you have enabled hp emergency backup, you will be prompted
to restore your PIM databases from the hp safe store folder.
After you restore the factory defaults, you will need to complete the
Welcome Wizard and reestablish a partnership with your desktop PC. You
may also want to restore data to your hp Jornada from your most recent