Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well. All information is for devices with stock based ROMs. If you are using rooted device, always back up your EFS folder first, containing your IMEI info, etc.!
HP Jornada 548 soft reset
1. Disconnect the sync cable or remove your HP Jornada from the serial
2. Remove the CompactFlash card (if installed).
3. Use the stylus to press the Reset button on the back of the HP
Jornada, as shown in the following illustration.
HP Jornada 520 hard reset
To restore HP Jornada 548 to the factory defaults
1. Disconnect your HP Jornada from ac power and disconnect it from
your desktop PC.
2. Use the tip of the stylus to press and hold the Reset button on the
back of your HP Jornada.
3. While holding the Reset button, press the On/Off button.
4. Release the Reset button.
5. Press the On/Off button (11) again to restart your HP Jornada.
After you restore the factory defaults, you will need to complete the Welcome Wizard and re-establish a partnership with your desktop PC. You may also want to restore data to your HP Jornada from your most recent backup file.
Restoring the factory default settings erases all files, programs, and data you have entered.