HP iPAQ rx5720 soft reset
Resetting Your HP iPAQ
You might need to perform a soft reset if your HP iPAQ stops responding. The two types of resets are soft and factory.
Performing a Soft Reset
A soft reset stops all running applications, but does not erase any programs or saved data.
NOTE Be sure to close all running applications before performing a soft reset.
(1) Reset Button Press to perform a soft reset of the Travel Companion
To perform a soft reset:
1. Locate the recessed Reset (1) button on your HP iPAQ.
2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
The HP iPAQ restarts and displays the HP QuickStart Tour.
HP iPAQ rx5720 hard reset
Performing a Factory Reset
A factory reset clears all user-installed settings, programs, and data, and restores your HP iPAQ to factory settings.
(7) Quick Launch Button
(10) Rotate Screen Button
To perform a factory reset and return your HP iPAQ to factory settings:
1. Press and hold the Quick Launch and Rotate Screen buttons.
2. While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the HP iPAQ until the device restarts.
3. When the HP iPAQ restarts, release all of the buttons, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button. The HP iPAQ restarts and powers on.