Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well. All information is for devices with stock based ROMs. If you are using rooted device, always back up your EFS folder first, containing your IMEI info, etc.!
HP iPAQ rx5710 soft reset
Resetting Your HP iPAQ
You might need to perform a soft reset if your HP iPAQ stops responding. The two types of resets are soft and factory.
Performing a Soft Reset
A soft reset stops all running applications, but does not erase any programs or saved data.
NOTE Be sure to close all running applications before performing a soft reset.
(1) Reset Button Press to perform a soft reset of the Travel Companion
To perform a soft reset:
1. Locate the recessed Reset (1) button on your HP iPAQ.
2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
The HP iPAQ restarts and displays the HP QuickStart Tour.
HP iPAQ rx5710 hard reset
Performing a Factory Reset
A factory reset clears all user-installed settings, programs, and data, and restores your HP iPAQ to factory settings.
(7) Quick Launch Button
(10) Rotate Screen Button
To perform a factory reset and return your HP iPAQ to factory settings:
1. Press and hold the Quick Launch and Rotate Screen buttons.
2. While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the HP iPAQ until the device restarts.
3. When the HP iPAQ restarts, release all of the buttons, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button. The HP iPAQ restarts and powers on.