Performing a Normal Reset
A soft reset does not erase any programs or saved data. Before performing a soft reset, be sure to save any unsaved data since
any unsaved data will be lost.
Perform a soft reset when:
■ You want to stop all running applications.
■ After installing a new application.
■ If your HP iPAQ “locks up.”
Follow these steps to save data and reset your HP iPAQ:
1. Press the iTask button.
2. Tap and hold any application in the list.
3. Tap Close All Tasks.
4. Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of your HP
5. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button. The HP
iPAQ restarts and displays the Launch Page or traditional
Performing a HP iPAQ RX3715 Full Reset
Perform a hard reset when:
■ You want to clear all programs and data from main memory (where data and programs you have loaded are stored).
■ You want to restore default settings.
■ A problem with your HP iPAQ is not fixed after a soft reset.
Performing a hard reset on your HP iPAQ does not erase programs that came with your HP iPAQ. The information that
you have entered into your HP iPAQ will be erased. This information (or data) includes your Word documents, photos,
music files, and other settings.
If the battery installed in your HP iPAQ discharges completely, once the battery has been recharged your HP iPAQ operates as if
a hard reset had been performed.
CAUTION: If you perform a hard reset, your HP iPAQ returns to its default settings and loses all information (files, settings, etc.) that is recorded in main memory. Information stored in iPAQ File Store will not be lost.
To perform a hard reset:
1. Press and hold the iPAQ Mobile Media and iTask buttons on your HP iPAQ.
2. While holding the iPAQ Mobile Media and iTask buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of your HP iPAQ for about three seconds or until the screen begins to fade.
3. When the iPAQ screen begins to fade, release the iPAQ Mobile Media and iTasks buttons then remove the stylus from the Reset button. The HP iPAQ resets and powers on.
If the HP iPAQ does not power on after a reset, try the following:
■ Check the battery door to ensure it is locked. If not, replace the battery door by matching the tabs on the
cover to the latches on the HP iPAQ and snap it into place. This action locks the battery door. If the battery
door is not locked, the HP iPAQ does not power on.