Resetting the HP iPAQ hx2410 DeviceSometimes there is a need to reset your Pocket PC. Resetting the device is known as performing a soft or hard reset.
Performing a Soft Reset
A soft reset stops all running applications, but does not erase any programs or saved data. Be sure to save any unsaved data within
a running application before performing a soft reset.
Perform a soft reset to:
Stop all running applications
Install a new application
Restart the Pocket PC if it stops responding
To perform a soft reset:
1. Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button. The Pocket PC restarts and displays the Today screen.
Performing a HP iPAQ hx2410 Hard Reset
Perform a hard reset only when you want to clear all user-installed settings, applications, and data from RAM
(Random Access Memory), where data and applications you have loaded are stored.
CAUTION: If you perform a hard reset, your Pocket PC loses all data and programs not saved in iPAQ File Store.
To perform a hard reset:
1. Press and hold down the Calendar and iTask buttons.
2. While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the iPAQ
Pocket PC for about two seconds.
from the Reset button.
Note: If you simultaneously push and hold the Reset, Calendar, and iTask buttons for more than two seconds, the battery
disconnects. To restart the device, either plug the device into the AC Adapter or press the Reset button again.
After performing a hard reset, you may need to reinstall applications stored in iPAQ File Store to restore shortcuts and full
4. The Pocket PC resets and powers on.
To return your iPAQ Pocket PC to factory settings after performing a hard reset:
1. Tap Start > Programs > File Explorer > My Device.
2. Tap the iPAQ File Store folder to open it.
3. Tap Edit > Select All.
4. Tap and hold the selected files, then tap Delete.
5. Tap Yes to delete all file in iPAQ File Store.
Clean Reset On Windows Mobile 2003 SE products, a hard (full) reset clears all user-installed settings, applications, and data from RAM (Random Access Memory), where data and applications you have loaded are stored. A full reset should be performed only if a normal reset does not solve a system lockup or failure. A full reset returns the unit to the factory defaults. Remove AC power before performing a full reset. Data in the iPAQ File Store is maintained following a full reset. For all other data, users must restore data from an expansion storage card or PC ActiveSync backup after performing a full reset.
On Windows Mobile 5.0 products, a hard (full) reset stops all running programs, but does not clear user data or applications because they are stored in ROM (Persistent Store feature). A hard reset also resets all hardware registers. Users can perform a Clean Reset, in which the product is cleared to its factory defaults. A clean reset returns the HP iPAQ to the default Windows Mobile 5.0 settings with no user data or applications. To perform a clean reset please follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the Calendar button, the Power button, and the Messaging button.
2. While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ.