Resetting the HP iPAQ hw6715 UnitPerforming a Soft Reset
A soft reset (also known as a normal reset) stops all running applications, but does not erase any programs or saved data.
CAUTION: Be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a soft reset since a soft reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
1. Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of the device to the right of the communications port.
2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button until the screen fades.
3. Remove the stylus to restart the HP iPAQ.
The HP iPAQ restarts and displays the Today screen.
Performing a HP hw6715 Hard ResetPerform a hard reset (also known as a full reset) when you want to clear all settings, programs, and data from RAM.
CAUTION: If you perform a hard reset, your HP iPAQ returns to its default settings and loses all information that is not recorded in ROM or iPAQ
To perform a HP hw6715 hard reset:
1. Press and hold down the Power button.
2. While holding the Power button, use the stylus to lightly press the recessed Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ for about
3. The HP iPAQ screen fades and the device resets. Once the device resets and the screen comes back on, release the Power button
and remove the stylus from the Reset button.