Perform a HP iPAQ h5450 Normal Reset - Soft reset
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. You perform a normal reset when you want to stop all running
programs. A normal reset will not erase any programs or data stored in RAM or ROM.
CAUTION: A normal reset will erase all unsaved data.
3. Reset Button: Reset your iPAQ Pocket PC
To perform a normal reset:
1. Locate the Reset button on the bottom of the iPAQ Pocket PC.
2. Lightly press the normal Reset button for two seconds.
The iPAQ Pocket PC will restart in approximately five seconds and display the Today screen.
Perform a HP iPAQ h5450 Full ResetA full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs, and data
A full reset will de-activate the battery. The power button will not function until the battery is reactivated.
Programs and data stored in iPAQ File Store are not automatically deleted. You must manually delete the files.
To perform a h5450 full reset:
CAUTION: If you perform a full reset, you will return to your default settings and lose all information not in ROM.
1. Press and hold the lower left and lower right buttons.
2. Press the Reset button on the bottom of the iPAQ Pocket PC with the stylus.
3. Hold all buttons until the displayed image begins to fade (approximately four seconds).
4. Release the program buttons and stylus.
You can verify a full reset by pressing the power button. If the iPAQ Pocket PC has been fully reset, it will not turn on.
5. Reactivate the battery by:
Removing and reinstalling the battery Connecting the iPAQ Pocket PC to AC power Pressing the Reset button with the stylus
6. Set up your iPAQ Pocket PC.