Performing a HP h1940 Normal Reset - Soft resetA normal reset is sometimes referred to as a “soft reset.” A normal reset stops all running applications, but does not erase any
programs or saved data.
CAUTION: Be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a normal reset:
1. Locate the Reset button on the side of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button for two seconds. The Pocket PC restarts in approximately five
seconds and displays the Today screen.
Performing a HP h1940 Full Reset - Hard reset
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a “hard reset.” Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs, and data from RAM.
CAUTION: If you perform a full reset, your iPAQ Pocket PC returns
to its default settings and loses all information that is not recorded
in iPAQ File Storage.
To perform a full reset:
1. Press and hold the Power button.
2. Press the Reset button on the side of the iPAQ Pocket PC with the Stylus.
3. Hold both buttons until the Pocket PC resets. A progress graph displays on the lower portion of the screen.
4. Release the Power button and remove the stylus. The Pocket PC powers on.
You can verify a full reset by pressing the Power button. If the iPAQ Pocket PC has been fully reset, it will not turn on.
5. Set up your iPAQ Pocket PC.