To perform a HP iPAQ Glisten factory restore:
CAUTION: If you perform a factory restore, you will lose all the data stored on your HP iPAQ K3 Obsidian.
● Press Start , tap Settings > System > Factory Restore. Follow the instructions on the
screen to perform a factory restore.
The iPAQ restarts and turns on. If the factory restore is successful, you will see the words Clean
boot when the HP logo appears.
● If your iPAQ cannot boot to the Windows Mobile operating system, you can also try another
method to perform a factory restore. Hold down Send and End , and then press the power
button on the top of your iPAQ.
NOTE: A factory restore will not delete the data on your microSD card.
To perform a reset:
● Remove and re-insert the battery in your iPAQ. After a soft reset, turn on your iPAQ.
● Or, remove the battery cover and insert a thin pin into the hole on the upper right next to the battery.
You might need to reset or restore your iPAQ if it does not respond to you pressing a button or tapping on the screen. You can perform a reset or a factory restore on your iPAQ.
● A reset stops all running programs, but does not erase any programs or saved data. Be sure to
save any unsaved data within a running program before performing a soft reset.
● A factory restore clears all the user-installed settings, programs, and data, and restores your iPAQ
to factory settings. Be sure to save any important data to an external memory source before
performing a factory restore, as all your data will be erased.