HP iPAQ 614c Soft resetPerform a soft reset
A soft reset stops all running applications, but does not erase any programs or saved data.
NOTE: Be sure to close all running applications before performing a soft reset.
To perform a soft reset:
1. Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ 614c.
2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
HP iPAQ 614c Hard resetHP iPAQ Setup Assistant
Use HP iPAQ Setup Assistant to simplify configuring settings on your HP iPAQ.
HP iPAQ Setup Assistant lets you save the settings on your computer. This can help you restore configuration settings on your HP iPAQ at any time. HP iPAQ Setup Assistant also allows you to perform
a factory reset on your HP iPAQ and view detailed product information.
Type "I AGREE", then click OK to perform a HP iPAQ 614c factory reset.
1. Press the power button to turn off the HP iPAQ.
2. Press and hold the Voice Commander button on the left panel of your HP iPAQ and the power button at the same time.
3. Hold the buttons for 2 seconds.
4. A Clean Boot message displays, indicating successful restoration of factory settings on your HP iPAQ.
This option allows you to restore the default factory settings.
To restore default settings:
- Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Factory Recovery.
- Input 1234 in the Password field to confirm that you want to restore to default settings.
- Tap Ok.