Resetting your Handspring Visor Edge handheldUnder normal circumstances, you will not have to use the reset button. On rare occasions, however, your handheld may no longer
respond to buttons or the screen. In this case, you need to perform a reset to get your handheld running again.
Performing a soft reset
A soft reset tells your handheld to stop what it's doing and start over again. All records and entries stored in your handheld are retained
with a soft reset. After a soft reset, the Welcome screen appears, followed by the General Preferences screen (to set time and date).
To perform a soft reset:
Use the tip of an unfolded paper clip (or similar object without a sharp tip) to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the
back panel of your handheld.
Performing a warm reset
A warm reset bypasses system extensions on your handheld, such as HackMaster hacks or system patches. Performing a warm reset
enables you to uninstall a third-party application that may be causing a problem.
To perform a warm reset:
1. Hold down the Page Up button on the front panel of the handheld.
2. While holding down the Page Up button, use the reset tool (or similar object without a sharp tip) to gently press the reset button.
3. When the Palm ComputingÂŽ logo appears, release the Page Up button.
Performing a hard reset
With a hard reset, all records and entries stored in your handheld are erased.
Never perform a hard reset unless a soft reset does not solve your problem.
Note: You can restore any data previously synchronized with your computer during the next HotSync operation.
To perform a Handspring Visor Edge hard reset:
1. Hold down the power button on the front panel of the handheld.
2. While holding down the power button, use the reset tool (or similar object without a sharp tip) to gently press the reset button.
3. Release the power button.
4. When a message appears on the handheld screen warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on your handheld, do one of
Press the top scroll button on the front panel of your handheld to complete the hard reset and display the Digitizer screen.
Press any other button to perform a soft reset.
Note: With a hard reset, the current date and time are retained.
Formats Preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings.