Gigabyte GSmart Simba SX1 hard resetIn this tutorial you can learn how you delete your forgotten password, remove unlock pattern or update firmware on your Simba SX1 Andorid phone. Learn how to use Gigabyte Android recovery menu using the phone's buttons.
- Fully charge the battery.
- Turn ON the device by pressing and holding the VOLUME UP key and the power key together.
- When Android system recovery menu appears, release VOLUME key.
- Highlight wipe data/Factory reset using volume key.
- Confirm with Power or Cancel using BACK key.
- After hard reset is done, highlight reboot system now and confirm your selection.
Resetting Your Gigabyte GSmart Simba SX1 Android Phone using menu option
With Clean Boot, you can reset your phone to its factory defaults. When you reset your phone, the data stored in your phone may be erased.
1. Tap Application Drawer > APPS tab > Settings > Backup & reset.
2. Tap Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything to reset the phone
Reset Gigabyte GSmart Simba SX1 using firmware update / ROM upgrade Pin unlock passwordBefore you upgrade or reinstall your phone's firmware, download the latest software for your phone Gigabyte GSmart Simba SX1
Download "update.zip" and configure from Gigabyte official website and copy the zipped file and the configure file to SD card's root directory.
GSmart Simba SX1 Firmware Update
Note: User data will be erased after ROM update. Make sure to back up all of your data beforehand. Read the detailed instructions on how to update or upgrade Gigabyte Simba SX1 firmware
- Copy "update.zip" and "configure" to microSD card root directory.
- Fully charge the battery. Insert SD card and turn off the device.
- Turn on the device while holding volume up key. Release volume up key after Android icon shows on the screen.
- The device will automatically update the ROM.
- The screen will show the process status. Do not perform any operations while updating the ROM.
- The device will re-boot automatically after finish re-flashing.