Gigabyte GSmart Classic Pro hard reset
Remove forgotten password and unlock pattern using the Gsmart Recovery menu.
- Fully charge the battery and turn off the device.
- Turn ON the device by pressing and holding the VOLUME UP key and the power key together.
- When Gsmart logo shows on the screen release all keys.
- Wait for Android system recovery menu shows up.
- Highlight wipe data/Factory reset using volume up key.
- Confirm with Volume DOWN or Cancel using BACK key. Note: if power key not working use Volume DOWN for next step.
- Select Yes -- delete all data and confirm using power or Volume down key.
- After hard reset is done, highlight reboot system now and confirm your selection.
Note! All data will be deleted!
(In the menu use Volume down or power key to confirm) Be sure to backup your user data before doing a hard reset.
Resetting Your Gigabyte GSmart Classic Pro Android Phone using menu option
With Clean Boot, you can reset your phone to its factory defaults. When you reset your phone, the data stored in your phone may be erased.
1. Tap Application Drawer > APPS tab > Settings > Backup & reset.
2. Tap Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything to reset the phone
Reset Gigabyte GSmart Classic Pro using firmware update / ROM upgrade Pin unlock password
Before you upgrade or reinstall your phone's firmware, download the latest software for your phone Gigabyte GSmart Classic PRO
Download (GSmart Classic Pro_V1.005.14 or later) "GBC_update.zip" firmware file from Gigabyte official website and copy "GBC_update.zip" the zipped file to SD card's root directory.
Gigabyte GSmart Classic Pro SD Card Firmware Update
User data will be erased after ROM update. Make sure to back up data first.
- Copy "GBC_update.zip" to microSD card root directory. GBC_update.zip
- Fully charge the battery. Insert microSD card and turn off the device.
- Press both "Power on "key and "Volume up " key. Once GSmart logo shows on the screen, please immediately release both " Power on" key and "Volume down " key . It will take few seconds to get into recovery screen.
- Press "Volume down " k ey to select apply update from sdcard.
- Press "Volume up " key to select GBC_update.zip and press " Volume down "key to confirm.
- The device will automatically update the ROM. The screen will show the process status for few minutes. Do not perform any operations while updating the ROM.
- After upgrading finished, the device will automatically reboot .
- Go to "Settings" > " Backup & reset" > "Factory data reset" > "Reset phone" > "Erase Everything" to end firmware update . Make sure to back up all your data before doing firmware update or hard reset operation.