Resetting Your iQue 3600
You may need to perform a reset if your handheld no longer responds to stylus taps or button presses. A soft reset allows your handheld to get a fresh start, similar to rebooting a PC. All records and entries are retained after a soft reset.
To perform a soft reset:
- Unscrew the head of the stylus to access the reset tip tool, shown below.
- Use the tool to press and release the Reset button inside the hole on the back of the handheld.
A hard reset erases all records and entries stored in your handheld. Never perform a hard reset unless a soft reset does not correct
your problem. When you perform your next HotSync operation, you can restore any data that you previously synchronized to your
To perform a hard reset:
- Press the Reset button as described above.
- Immediately after you release the Reset button, press and hold the Power button until you see the Palm Powered logo. Then release the Power button.
- When a message appears on the screen warning that all data stored on the handheld is about to be erased, do one of the following:
- Complete the hard reset by pressing the upper half of the scroll button on the front of the handheld. The Digitizer screen appears.
- Press any other button to perform a soft reset.