E-ten Glofiish X650 Soft resetReset method: Press the 'Reset Button' of Pocket PC with the tip of the stylus.
Result: In a moment, when Pocket PC automatically completes the system startup process, the last display will be the Today screen. This will retain the Microsoft Windows, factory pre-installed applications, user's input data, newly installed programs, and user custom settings.
Tap Programs, Utilities, and then Default Settings.
1. If this application is inadvertently accessed, please select the X-to the upper right of the screen to exit, the system will not be affected.
2. If you are certain that you wish to perform this action, please select the data input block on the right, and enter the authorized code in the block to the left. Then tap the OK button.
Appropriate situation: If the Pocket PC is unable to maintain normal operation, but the touch screen is functional. Please refer to the instructions in this section to troubleshoot.
Result: This will retain only the Microsoft Windows, and factory pre-installed applications. Other settings such as user's input data, newly installed programs, and user custom settings will all be cleared.
E-ten Glofiish X650 hard reset Clean boot
Cold boot method: Hold the 'Power Button' of the Pocket PC with one hand while holding the stylus tip to push in the 'Reset Button' with the other. Simultaneously release both the 'Power Button' and 'Reset Button'.
Before executing the preceding 'Cold boot method', please carefully consider the following instructions and then decide on the cold boot method.
1. After a cold boot is performed, if no buttons are pressed, when Pocket PC automatically completes the system startup process, the last display will be the Today screen. This is identical to the reset result.
2. If a previous reset has already been attempted but the Pocket PC is still unable to maintain normal operation, consider the following solution:
After cold boot, hold the End Button on the bottom right of Pocket PC until the system inquiry screen is shown, and then release the End Button. Next, please read thoroughly through the instructions on cold booting before continuing carefully.
Erase all data and load default?
The default is 'No.' If Yes or No was not selected, after a few seconds the system will automatically execute the default No.
If you long press Left Soft-Key for a few seconds to select 'Yes,' then the system will erase all data and load default. After your Pocket PC restarts, follow the instructions on the screen to complete.
1. After performing a cold boot, the system will retain Microsoft Windows and pre-installed programs. If you answer 'Yes' to the question displayed after a cold boot, other items such as the user's input data, newly installed programs and user settings will be lost.
2. There are two ways to retain your data, loaded default and registry:
Perform a Reset.
Performing a Cold Boot, and answer 'No' when the above question displays.