Resetting the Axim
When you do a soft reset, the device deletes any data or active programsthat has not been saved in the flash memory. In other words, your saved files and programs are not deleted. Try a soft reset if the device does not respond when you tap the display or press a button. The soft reset is disabled when Axim is in full power off mode.
To do a soft reset, use the stylus to press the reset button.
NOTICE: When you do a hard reset, you lose all the data stored in your device
Flash memory, and any programs that you installed on your device.
Do a hard reset if:
- You want to restore the device to factory default settings.
- You forget your password and need to reset it.
- Your device is experiencing severe operational problems and you have already attempted a soft reset.
NOTICE: It is strongly recommended that you back up your data before you do a hard reset.
To do a hard reset:
- Press the Power button to turn the Axim unit On.
- Press and hold the Power button down while using the Axim stylus to press the Reset button at the same time.
- Release the Power button and the Reset button. The To clear all data in the memory screen appears.
- Press the Contacts button on the Axim to delete all of the data in the memory of the Axim handheld.
Press the Mail button on the Axim to cancel the operation without losing data.