RESETTING THE Audiovox PPC-4100 HANDSET
You may have to perform a reset if the device freezes
(i.e., device no longer responds to the buttons on the
To perform a soft reset:
A soft reset allows your device to get a fresh start, similar to rebooting a computer. This will restart your
device and adjust memory allocation. All records and entries are retained after a soft reset. Unsaved data in
open programs may in some cases be lost.
1. Remove the stylus from its holder.
2. Lightly press the tip of the stylus to the reset button located on the rear panel of the device.
To perform an Audiovox PPC-4100 hard reset:
A hard reset will cut off power to your device. This will erase all records and entries, delete all programs you
have added, and restore the device default factory settings. Never perform a hard reset unless a soft reset
does not correct your problem. When you perform your next ActiveSync operation, you can restore any data that
you previously synchronized to your computer or you can restore data that you backed up to a storage card.
NOTE: When you perform a hard reset, the current date and time are not be retained. Formats, preferences, and other
settings are restored to their factory default settings.
1. Hold down the Power button on the front panel of your device.
2. While holding down the power button , gently press the tip of the stylus to the reset button.
The Confirmation message box appears.
3. Press the volume rocker key up.