ASUS Zenfone 2E hard reset
Entering Recovery menu on ASUS Zenfone 2E Using the hardware keys to remove password, PIN or reset the unlock pattern / gesture lock when you are unable to access the phone.
Please note, that all data will be lost! Backup all of your important data before doing the hard reset operation, and it is always a good idea to regularly save your important files, images on a different media, keep it in a safe place.
There are two ways on ASUS devices to enter the recovery menu. Follow the next easy steps to recover your device, and if the first method does not work check the second method below.
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Press and hold both Volume DOWN + POWER buttons until the phone turns on and ASUS logo shows up. Release keys when logo shows up.
- ASUS recovery menu will give you options to reset the device.
Use the volume keys to navigate in the menu, highlight the option and use power to activate it.
- Using the volume down key highlight Wipe data / Factory reset and press power key.
- Select Yes on the next screen where it asks Wipe all user data? This can not be undone!
- Once you done with that the Recovery menu will show up again, just press the power key to reboot the system.
method 2 Entering recovery mode
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Press the Volume UP and POWER key together for a few 2-3 seconds.
- Release the keys and ASUS mode selection screen will show up.
You will see
- Recovery mode
- Fastboot mode
- Normal mode
- USE the Volume UP key to navigate the arrow next to Recovery mode and press the VOLUME DOWN key. Wait for the next screen with an Andorid robot.
- There is an android robot lying on its back press VOLUME UP + POWER together to display the RECOVERY menu
- Navigate to Wipe data / Factory reset using the Volume down key and press power.
- Navigate to Yes -- delete all user data press POWER.
- Once its done the reboot system now option will be highlighted.
You are done press power to reboot the device.
Reset & Restore
Go to Settings > Reset and restore > Restore Factory settings: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
This will erase all the data on your phone's internal storage, including:
- Your account
- System and app data and settings
- Downloaded apps
- Other user data
If the phone has a virtual SD card - not a physical memory card - be sure to switch it to on if you want to delete the data there. Also check the memory card option if you want to delete the memory card content.
Note: your UI user interface may be / look different.
On older systems you will find the menu settings very similar
Use ASUS Zenfone 2E Backup and reset function
Go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
Your device freezes or has fatal errors
If your device freezes or hangs, you may need to close applications or reinsert the battery and
turn on the device to regain functionality. If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and
hold the Power button for more than 8-10 seconds to reboot.
If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. On the Applications
screen, tap Settings -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset -> Reset device -> Erase everything. Before performing the factory data reset, remember to make back-up copies of all important data stored on the device.
ASUS Zenfone 2E soft reset / restart
Press and hold for 8-10 seconds to reset the device if it has fatal errors or hang-ups, or freezes. This will restart your ASUS Zenfone 2E Android device.