ASUS PadFone 2 hard reset / update modeIf your kid locked you out of your phone or you have forgotten your password or lock pattern you can reset your phone using your phone's buttons.
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Press and hold Volume DOWN and power on the phone.
3. In recovery mode you should see a menu with different options.
4. Using Volume down key highlight Wipe data / Factory reset and press power.
5. Highlight again Yes -- delete all user data and confirm using the power key.
6. Your phone will be reset completely and all data will be deleted. Make backup first!
ASUS PadFone 2 reset
Soft reset ASUS PadFone 2 if frozen
Press the POWER button for 10 seconds to restart ASUS PadFone 2.
It is recommend that important data be backed up regularly.
Unlock Device App: Unlock ASUS PadFone 2 boot loader using official ASUS utility. Only suitable for Andriod 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich & Jelly Bean OS versions. Can be download at ASUS support website
ASUS PadFone 2 Firmware: Update method FOTA Firmware over the air
When a system update appeare on the notification area, just tap the notification and follow the instructions.
ASUS PadFone 2 manual Update:Download (from ASUS) the firmware that corresponding to your ASUS PadFone 2 and unzip it to your internal storage's root directory. Tap the exclamation mark sign on the notification area and select and tap System update file detected. Follow instructions on the screen.
Be sure to download the correct firmware and the correct language firmware.
1. Check SW version of your PadFone2*
2. Download PadFone2 Firmware: V10.4.9.6 Only for WWE SKU and Update version of SOP (From “Manual” Item)
※Firmware update cannot do *SKU conversion* and downgrade version.
Wrong SKU may cause update failure, You can only update your SW version on the Same SKU
*How to check SW version of your PadFone2?
Path: [Settings]-->[About PadFone]-->Build number
Example: You should be able to see the build number CHT_PadFone-9.X.X.X, where “CHT” means SKU.