ARCHOS 101 Helium hard resetIf you are unable to turn on your ARCHOS 101 Helium tablet or you have forgotten your PIN password or unlock pattern, you need to enter Recovery mode and reset your device completly or update its firmware from SD card.
To get into the recovery mode on you ARCHOS 101 Helium tablet device
1. Turn off the device by using ON/OFF
2. While holding Volume UP, press ON/OFF until the device turns on
3. On the select boot mode screen, select "Recovery mode" using the volume buttons and confirm with ON/OFF
4. Wait a few seconds until the recovery menu is displayed. If you failed to access to the recovery menu, please start over from the beginning.
5. When the green robot is displayed, hold Volume UP and press once ON/OFF
6. Use Volume DOWN to navigate and power to validate.
7. Select "Wipe data/factory reset" and validate to restore your device to its default settings.
8. Select "Yes -- delete all user data" and validate to remove all the user data.
9. Select "Reboot system now" and validate to reboot the device.
Please note, all your data will be deleted!
ARCHOS 101 Helium factory reset from menuBackup & reset You can back up settings and other data associated with one or more of your Google Accounts. If you
need to replace or factory reset your device, you can restore your data for any accounts that were previously backed up.
Select the Settings app then select Reset > Factory data reset
To delete music, photos and other user data, you must erase the internal SD card. Tick "Erase tablet storage"
Select "Reset tablet" and confirm All data will be lost!
ARCHOS 101 Helium soft reset or restarting the deviceTroubleshooting
If your device is frozen or doesn’t turn on:
Press the ON/OFF button for 10 seconds or use the reset button. To use the reset button,
press the “pinhole reset” button by using a sharp object such as a paper clip, a needle or a toothpick.
ARCHOS 101 Helium factory reset using archos softwareYou can also use Archos software if you need to restore your device to factory settings either because it froze on the boot screen or doesn't start. This operation will delete all data and content on your device.
ARCHOS 101 Helium firmware update procedure1. Download the update file "update.zip" to your PC from archos official website. Download Archos 101 Helium OS v 20150629.100333 (696MB)
2. Connect the USB cable to your Archos and your computer.
3. Copy the "update.zip" to the root of the Internal Storage. Do not place it into any folder of the Archos, just to the root level of the device.
4. Unplug your device of the PC.
5. The Archos will find the update automatically and display a message box offering to install this new firmware. Before tapping on "Install", you need to connect the charger to your device.