- by Hard Reset
Alcatel OT 890 hard reset
When you are unable to power on your phone, there is another way to perform a factory data reset by using hardware keys.
• Make sure your phone has been powered off.
• Hold down Volume down key and press End key at same time until the screen lights up.
• Press Home Key to access Android System Recovery screen.
• Press Volume up\down key to locate wipe data/factory reset, then press Menu key to access factory data reset menu.
• Select Yes-delete all user data, then press Menu key to confirm wiping data from the phone.
• When finished, select reboot system now, then press Menu key to restart your phone.
Alcatel OT 890 mobile phone is frozen, can’t power on
• Make sure your battery is not completely used up or damaged
• Remove your battery, remove your SIM card then reinstall them to power on again, if still does not work
ALL User phone data: contacts, photos, messages and files, downloaded applications like Java games will be lost permanently. BackUP aour data with AlcatelPCsuite tool.
From the main menu, select the menu icon and select Restore default set.
Alcatel master code 25228353
You can also try to upgrade your Alcatel phone’s software using One Touch Upgrade S.
First install the MTK Android driver on your PC.
Install MT6516_USB_VCOM Driver:
Step 1: Power off One Touch 890 Android phone, Press Dial and POWER-ON key (GREEN and RED keys) at the same time. waiting about 2 seconds. Connect handset and PC via USB data cable, Windows will found some new devices, such as MT6516 Device.
Complete the install wizard, follow the instructions on the screen (next, next, finish procedure)
In device manager it will looks like this MediaTek USB VCOM MT6516 Andorid driver
1. Please switch off your phone.
2. Please don't connect your phone to computer before starting the upgrade process.
3. Please ensure that your phone's battery is fully charged in order to ensure that the battery does not run out of power during the upgrade process.
4. Upgrade process will erase all your information in the phone. Before you start the application, we suggest you to backup all your personal information in the phone by ALCATEL PC Suite.
You can find the ALCATEL PC Suite by below website.
5. After the upgrade process has finished, the phone will be reset to default setting. If your phone is default locked with Operator's SIM card, you may need to unlock your phone again.
Please ensure that your phone's battery is fully charged. If the battery runs out of power, interrupting the upgrade process, the phone will not switch on again. If this happen, the phone will have to be sent to repair center.
Before you really start to upgrade your mobile phone, please check the warning message as below carefully.
Now you can use the One touch Upgrade S to upgrade your mobile phone software. Please don't connect your mobile phone to PC at first.
Step 1. Long press the phone's DIAL and Power key at the same time and keeping it pressed over 2S.
For different model type, the download key is different.
One Touch 890 & One Touch 890A: Long press the phone's DIAL and Power key at the same time and keeping it pressed over 2S.
Step 2. Plug in the USB cable to handset's USB port, connect the mobile phone to computer. One touch Upgrade S will scan your mobile phone and read some information from the handset for authentication.
If the available software package upgrade checking process finish successfully, you will be informed result as below. Unplug the mobile phone from.computer before you go to next step. It is mandatory to start the mobile phone software upgrade process.
"Please disconnect your phone from the USB cable to proceed."
Or you may meet some problems during the process.
1. No available device is detected. Please check the COM port status.
Your ALCATEL mobile phone will be recognised as one modem COM port device by AMSU application. If you meet such problem, please check whether your phone is connected to computer by USB cable correctly, or whether the ALCATEL USB driver is installed correctly. You may check its status by Windows Device Manage.
2. Read terminal information failed. Please check the phone status.
There are some problems during reading information from handset. You will get one pop up window to guide you how to continue to retry it. Unplug mobile phone with computer first, repeat Step 1 and Step 2, then press "OK" button to try again.
3. Network error. Please check your network connection or disable any active firewall.
There are some network connection problems happen. Please check your local Internet connection and try again. As AMSU application protocal doesn't support proxy and firewall. Please disable any active proxy and firewall before AMSU running. If there is still the same error, we are very sorry that the AMSU server may not be reachable temporary. Please try it later.
4. There is no greater software version available to upgrade your phone.
Your ALCATEL mobile phone's software version is latest. There is no greater software version available on AMSU server for upgrading your phone. You may try again later. The AMSU application will close automatically.
5. Download update software package failed. Please check your network connection.
There are some problems during downloading upgrade software package. It can't be solved immediately by AMSU application self. You can try it again later.
Now it is ready, you can upgrade your ALCATEL mobile phone.
Before you start the next steps, please ensure your phone:
- is SWITCHED OFF;
- is NOT CONNECTED to your computer;
- has COMPLETE BATTERY charge.
1. Click "Upgrade Phone" button.
2. Long press the phone's DIAL and Power key at the same time and keeping it pressed over 2S.
Then connect your mobile phone to computer by USB cable.
Your mobile phone has been successfully upgraded. Please restart your mobile phone.
Unplug your mobile phone with computer. Plug out the battery and plug in it again to make the handset absolute reset. Power on your mobile phone. And you can exit the One touch Upgrade S now.