Resetting your Acer n10
You may have to perform a reset if your handheld no longer responds to the buttons on the screen.
Performing a soft reset
A soft reset allows your handheld to get a fresh start, similar to rebooting a computer. All records and entries are retained after
a soft reset.
To perform a soft reset:
• Using the tip of your stylus, lightly press the reset button inside the hole on the rear panel of your handheld.
Performing a hard reset
A hard reset will erase all records and entries stored in your handheld. Never perform a hard reset unless a soft reset does
not correct your problem. To perform a hard reset, do the following:
- Use the tip of your stylus toggle the reset switch to the
left (a) and back to the right (b) on the bottom of your
NOTE: When you perform a hard reset, formats, preferences, and other settings including date and time are restored to their factory
default settings. All data, records, and entries will be erased.
- 2.5 mm DC power connector: Connects your handheld’s DC power supply to an AC wall outlet to charge the battery.
- Mini USB connector: Connects your handheld to a portable or desktop computer.
- Hard reset switch: Press to return your handheld settings to the factory defaults.